1. Is education policymaking also being privatised? is the title of the latest Global Education Monitoring (GEM) blog post by Christopher Lubienski https://world-education-blog.org/2022/04/04/is-education-policymaking-also-being-privatised/ Illustrated with a very straightforward cartoon!
2. The next Eaquals webinar is at 10:00 UK time, next Tuesday, 12th April: Quality Hybrid Language Teaching with Robert Hanley. More info and registration (on different tabs) here https://www.eaquals.org/eaquals-events/event/quality-hybrid-language-teaching/ I made something of a mess of a hybrid session about a month ago, so I’m especially keen to join this.
3. Time for another visit to the UKFIET blog? Why not! https://www.ukfiet.org/blog/ Includes Margo O’Sullivan on teacher absenteeism https://www.ukfiet.org/2022/teacher-absenteeism-and-childrens-learning-the-elephant-in-the-classroom/ and Abdirizak Haybe Ali on the impact of drought on education https://www.ukfiet.org/2022/how-looming-drought-is-devastating-education-in-the-somali-region-of-ethiopia/
4. Do monomaniacs suffer from this week’s phobia, monophobia, I wonder?
5. Scroll down on the left-hand side to the Robin Robertson poem, On Time https://poets.org/poem-a-day Alternative direct link here, if it works better https://dcs.megaphone.fm/POETS7760339994.mp3?key=2c1350aa9e54847480ceb31fcfde3dae Be sure to listen to Robin’s brief explanation of the poem after his reading.