A BBC day today!
1. What is climate change? A really simple guide https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24021772
2. The reality of climate change in the Mekong Delta https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-45738136 and the reality of climate change in the Marshall Islands https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59140269
3. A piece from the BBC on ‘Five dealmakers who will influence the outcome at COP26’: Xie Zhenhua, China’s man for all seasons; Saudi’s resolute defender, Ayman Shasly; Alok Sharma, the Briton in the middle; Sheikh Hasina, the voice of the vulnerable; Teresa Ribera, Europe’s bridge-builder https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59053257 Might make a good role play for older students?
4. A jigsaw reading exercise here, perhaps? ‘COP26: Four numbers to remember ahead of the climate change summit’ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59067310
5. And, finally, I’m not at all sure what to say about this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59135029 Better for the climate than its conventional equivalent?