1. Colleagues in Egypt are holding their 2nd Back to School Online Conference this Friday and Saturday, 1st and 2nd October starting at 09:00 UK time each day. More info here https://www.facebook.com/events/384327823230334/
registration here https://bit.ly/Back2School_2021
and programme here https://www.britishcouncil.org.eg/sites/default/files/back_to_school_online_conference_2021_flyer.pdf
Speakers from around the world: Mexico, Georgia, India, Egypt, Algeria and Spain! PDF of programme below, too.
2. From a possibly surprising source, the Chartered Insurance Institute here in the UK, some good clear guidelines for Inclusive Language, which has become complicated and hazardous territory, https://www.cii.co.uk/media/10120292/inclusive-language-guidelines.pdf to help you avoid unintentionally reinforcing stereotypes, excluding or patronising people, or causing discomfort or offence. PDF below.
3. Don’t even think of reading the next item if you suffer from this week’s phobia, ranidaphobia!
4. The Bell Foundation produce some excellent free resources. Here’s a recent set on the life cycle of a frog with activities to support learning and understanding of the topic and develop vocabulary associated with it https://www.bell-foundation.org.uk/resources/detail/the-life-cycle-of-a-frog/
More resources here, including Chicken Coop Maths, Types of Angles and Minibeasts https://www.bell-foundation.org.uk/resources/
You’ll need to register, but it’s well worth doing so. Frog lesson material PDFs below.
5. And, finally, proof that this is how we should all start the day, it seems https://theconversation.com/cold-showers-are-said-to-be-good-for-you-heres-what-the-evidence-shows-167822
I’ll give the thirty-second variation a go tomorrow morning!