1. First out of the traps today, the first episode of the new Climate Connection podcast series https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/climate-connection-episode-1-taking-temperature-0 You can stream it or download it, and there’s notes on each episode and a transcript.
Direct link to first episode here https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/sites/teacheng/files/Climate%20Connection%20Episode%201%20%281%29.mp3 You’ll recognise the voice talking at the beginning, I’m sure!
2. More climate discussion (but no hot air): Green ELT opportunities & obstacles: savings and costs is the title of the next ELT Footprint UK online meeting at 16:00 UK time next Wednesday, 19th May. UK-focussed but travels well. More info here https://eltfootprint.uk/events/ and a registration link here https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0ldeqhrT4vEtzpgD4hBT_ENNVATL0kDE0V
3. Just started, the latest edition of the FutureLearn course on Teaching Languages in Primary Schools: Putting Research into Practice https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/teaching-languages-in-primary-schools-putting-research-into-practice Three hours a week for three weeks in which to explore how children learn languages and how to support their linguistic development.
4. A reminder that Reallyenglish are offering thirty days free access to their online IELTS course, which offers 180 hours of IELTS-focused English language self-study https://www.reallyenglish.com/free-trial-request-bc?hs_preview=niRJFZYy-45198326680 Six hours a day for the next thirty days – we’ll all be C2!
5. And, finally, this week’s phobia: thermophobia – something we may all have to learn to live with if we don’t get our collective climate act together soon.