1. On International Women’s Day on March 8th, as part of its commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), the British Council is offering a set of three free online courses for teachers on Gender in Language Education. Here’s a link to a page with more information on the three modules and how to sign up: https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/gender-language-education-gender-representation-teaching-materials and I’ve attached a PDF of the flyer below.
There are three introductory FB events next week, one on each module:
March 1st: Gender representation in teaching materials
March 3rd: Gender equality in teaching practice
March 5th: Gender equality in education
2. The London School of Economics (LSE) runs a very rich programme of online events, not all by any means about economics: http://www.lse.ac.uk/Events/Search-Events
This one tomorrow on Making Your Voice Heard by Connson Locke looks good: http://www.lse.ac.uk/Events/2021/02/202102241400/voice
3. Two surveys next. The first is from the European Centre for Modern Languages, who’ve asked me to say that it’s NOT just for teachers from Europe! The purposes of the survey are to gather information and encourage reflection about ways language education has altered during the pandemic and to learn about respondents’ experiences, lessons learned and good practice. https://languageeducationandcovid.questionpro.com/a/TakeSurvey?tt=L/GSxVK/hYy5RCNGxsIbHA%3D%3D&lcfpn=false
4. The second survey is actually a reminder of Gary Motteram’s one that I mentioned last week, on how teachers and teacher educators use communication tools and social media for professional development. Gary’s had LOTS of responses from South Asia, for which he’s very grateful, but he’d love a few more from other parts of the world: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdtiaABY4tKqFTlmpCEGVhXCPxNa7n3LmVDnQsTKEwqZN3eMQ/viewform
5. And, finally, a podcast by two self-styled renegades, two of my heroes. Here’s a short introductory video https://youtu.be/BAeIskxCnSc and here’s a link to the podcast https://open.spotify.com/episode/0NtR6A0rgFiwpFZs2aZBun?si=u5OPbVs0S5CYYjmrdtsYDA&nd=1 I’m halfway through the first episode as I write and loving it!