1. Several webinars today, in date order. First up is the next Eaquals one at 14:00 UK time next Tuesday, 23rd February, with Nazan Gelbal from Sabanci University in Istanbul and a nice, no-nonsense title, More Interactive and Effective Lessons with Less Tools/ Apps: https://www.eaquals.org/eaquals-events/event/nazan-gelbal-more-interactive-and-effective-lessons-with-less-tools-apps-how-to-coach-and-mentor-effectively-in-a-crisis/
2. Next Wednesday, 24th February at 09:00 UK time is the next PIE webinar, on What does genuine education disruption look like?, with three speakers from young and successfully disruptive education organisations: Arden University, Nexford University and Minerva https://www.crowdcast.io/e/the-pie-webinar–futureproofed/register
3. At 10:00 UK time next Thursday, 26th February, the Spanish Ministry of Education & Vocational Training and the British Council are celebrating the silver jubilee of the Bilingual Education Programme with a webinar devoted to Empowering transformational change. It’ll nearly all be in English (with a little Spanish along the way); Lucy Crehan (about whom I’ve enthused before) and Zahir Irani (about whom my colleagues in Spain enthuse) are both talking. More info here https://www.britishcouncil.es/en/events/25-years-mefp-british-council-bilingual-education-programme and registration link here https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8252118853419621900?source=EES+UK
4. Just a little later on Thursday, 26th February, at 12:00 UK time is Promoting Creativity in Digital Learning with Nik Peachey, discussing why it’s currently all the more important to remember to maintain the human aspect of language learning https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/promoting-creativity-digital-learning
5. Last, but absolutely not least, is the National Geographic Learning webinar at 09:30 UK time next Friday, 27th February, Cultivate a positive student mindset and learn how to become a plastic detective with your students https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/8016133931986/WN_5bSDhFnZQZyLrRE2tXRh6g So, what exactly is a plastic detective, I wonder, and what’s the connection with a positive mindset? We will find out next Friday!
6. And, finally, and a bit more seriously than usual, the recently published Dasgupta Report, The Economics of Bio-Diversity, which argues that Nature’s (finite) value must be at the heart of economics https://www.cam.ac.uk/stories/dasguptareview PDF of full report below.