1. ‘The French town where the lighting is alive’ is one of many pieces on the BBC Future site https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220407-the-living-lights-that-could-reduce-energy-use
There’s a Future Planet section https://www.bbc.com/future/future-planet/ Try this one, ‘The Caribbean mangrove forest that defied destruction’? https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220329-how-a-caribbean-community-restored-its-dying-mangrove
2. Here’s the videos and learning materials that the Climate Action in Language Education team launched on World Earth Day last week https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/resources/secondary/lesson-plans/intermediate-b1
How about ‘Making our school green’? https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/climate-connection-making-our-school-green
The Climate action in language education: Activities for low resource contexts ‘materials bank’ can be found here https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/climate-action-language-education-activities-low-resource-contexts PDF below as well.
3. Plenty of lessons in here, too, but not ‘oven ready’ ones, the OECD Environment at a Glance Indicators https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/environment/environment-at-a-glance-indicators_ac4b8b89-en
Here’s some of the headlines from the data http://newsletter.oecd.org/q/1I6bf6sRBGo9W0z2DThZ4/wv
4. At 14:00 UK time this Friday, 29th April, Kath Bilsborough is running a session for Green Action ELT https://green-action-elt.uk/ on Green ELT Materials
and here’s Kath’s own site, Creating ELT materials https://www.creatingeltmaterials.com/
5. And, finally, here’s the onestopenglish Environment word list https://www.onestopenglish.com/wordlist/environment/551362.article PDF below, but please do register in your own right, to access much more free stuff!