1. Green Action ELT https://green-action-elt.uk/ are running a session at 14:00 UK time this Friday, March 25th on Taking your English language lessons outdoors.
More info here https://green-action-elt.uk/events/
and registration here https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwucO6urD4tH933mA3c1VxDxDOH2psYaexQ
Here’s their archive of recordings of past events https://green-action-elt.uk/events/#past-events
2. Harry Waters wears a flat cap and runs the Renewable English website https://renewableenglish.com/home Have a rummage around for the free stuff:
here’s the materials section https://renewableenglish.com/s1%3A-lessons-and-materials
and here’s the lesson on plastics https://youtu.be/v1JUSwtjxRY
3. Climate change may devastate the Middle East, says The Brookings Institution. Here’s how they think governments should tackle it https://www.brookings.edu/blog/planetpolicy/2022/03/14/climate-change-may-devastate-the-middle-east-heres-how-governments-should-tackle-it/
4. It’s not climate but it is tomorrow, Wednesday 23rd March, at 14:00 UK time: the latest OECD webinar, Engaging boys and girls in learning: Creative approaches to closing gender gaps, will be reporting on recent OECD research showing “that girls and boys reported different feelings when it came to their learning: the boys were more likely to be bored than the girls, whilst the girls felt less confident than the boys”.
More info and registration here https://meetoecd1.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_vqvQCUlhR-6V_iIhmc6Vrw
5. And, finally, today’s poem for Ukraine: Nothing I can Say, by Michael Swan (PDF below, too.)
Nothing I can Say
A woman and three children
under a bridge,
her hand clapped over
the little one’s mouth.
The sound of boots
on the road
Nothing I can say
will change anything.