1. Now, here’s a title! Assessment Through the Lens of the Action-oriented Approach of the CEFR: Answering the Wh- Questions is the title of Randi Harlev’s ‘practical and theoretical’ workshop – you’ll have to do some discussion work, I think – for NATESOL at 10:00 UK time next Saturday, 11th December.
More info and registration here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzeSBGq5cFxNpLWnvcRTTZ2oPdagHWHx06oa65rYnDydj8eg/viewform PDF of abstract below.
NB! You need to register by 17:00 UK time on Friday.
2. Here’s a chance to win £250 or the equivalent in your currency (unless you live in Italy or Russia: something to do with local legislation) by answering a short Cambridge University Press survey on what you expect of academic publishers https://wh1.snapsurveys.com/s.asp?k=163759377680&id.name=1&utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=+survey&utm_campaign=BJR_AcademicBrandeSurvey_1121&WT.mc_id=BJR_AcademicBrandeSurvey_1121
3. This Wednesday, 8th December, at 12:00 UK time, Bernadette O’Rourke will be giving the next Leiden University Centre for Linguistics talk, on New speakers and language policy: New geographies of language in minority language sociolinguistics More info in the PDF below and registration here https://universiteitleiden.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5Atf-CrrDIpHtTalMQ7CV6Kbm9DRFJtOmPh
I suspect that this might be one of those talks where we should NOT be put off by the density of the blurb …
4. Here’s the latest Pearson English Podcast, on The Importance of Professional Development https://www.english.com/blog/professional-development-pearson-english-podcast/
The presenters claim that “There are two types of teacher with 20 years of teaching experience: the first are those with 20 years of experience and the second are those with one year’s experience repeated 20 times” – I reckon that might be a bit black and white!
5. And, finally, this Asia Scotland Institute event at 12:00 UK time this Thursday, 9th December, looks likely to be interesting: Asia: Through the Lens of John Thomsonhttps://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/asia-through-the-lens-of-john-thomson-tickets-190296179997