1. Thanks to Ann Veitch for this one: great new mini-site from the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) on Varieties of English https://public.oed.com/varieties-of-english/
“The OED has always included words from across the English-speaking world. What’s changed – drastically – since the first edition (first published in fascicles – instalments – between 1884 and 1928) is the size and breadth of the English-speaking population.”
More on the history of the OED here https://www.oed.com/public/editions/loginpage
2. The new issue of Chatham House’s International Affairs journal is free to view, and it’s a special issue guest-edited by Jasmine K. Gani and Jenna Marshall on Race and Imperialism in International Relations: theory and practice https://academic.oup.com/ia/issue/98/1
Here’s the editors’ introduction, ‘The impact of colonialism on policy and knowledge production in International Relations’ https://academic.oup.com/ia/article/98/1/5/6484845 PDF below.
3. I’ve mentioned OASIS – Open Accessible Summaries in Language Studies – before https://oasis-database.org/?locale=en It aims to “make research on language learning, use, and education available and accessible to a wide audience.”
Try a search for ‘multilingualism’ https://oasis-database.org/catalog?f[summary_general_research_area_sim]=32&locale=en&q=&search_field=all_fields
or for ‘translanguaging’ https://oasis-database.org/catalog?utf8=%E2%9C%93&locale=en&search_field=all_fields&q=translanguaging
4. Eaquals are now running a series of webinars in languages other than English. Robert Martinez is opening the batting with Mejorando la interacción entre estudiantes en lecciones híbridas at 10:00 UK time next Monday, 24th January.
More info here https://www.eaquals.org/eaquals-events/event/mejorando-la-interaccion-entre-estudiantes-en-lecciones-hibridas/
and registration here https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_1uzrrja2TgGS9qzcZnwEDw
5. And, finally, listen and read ‘On Pleasing’, read here by the author, Kimiko Hahn https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/01/17/on-pleasing